- Ad Rules - allow you to control when ads display in your content, customize ad load by content category, video duration, or other targeting criteria and provide a Broadcast-style viewer experience with podding. In addition, you also have the ability to target ad placement within a pod, enable frequency-capping at the pod and content level and set up competitive exclusions.
- Optimized Pods - TV-style ad breaks consisting of multiple video ads which are algorithmically chosen to optimize for line item priority, pacing goals, and revenue (e.g., specify an ad pod duration and the ad server automatically selects ads of varying lengths that add up to your total duration).
- A more flexible, easily customized tag-based integration with AdExchange/AdSense (versus hard coding parameters in the AdsRequest class as was the case in v2). To make use of this more streamlined implementation, see the AdsRequest section of the upgrade instructions.
- Support for pod-, stream- or page-level competitive exclusions.
The sales services allow you to:
- Create and track proposals
- Manage a catalog of products
- Define and update rate cards
- Reconcile monthly reports
To request access to the Sales Management services, please complete this form and our team will be in touch with further instructions.
- Columns, dimensions, and dimension attributes will now appear in reports in the order in which they were requested. This does not affect previous versions.
- If you have the feature enabled, you can now specify a timeZone to run the report in. Supported time zones for your network can be found using the Time_Zone table through the PublisherQueryLanguage service. Please contact your account manager for questions regarding enabling this feature.
- More than 50 columns, dimensions, and dimension attributes have been added to bring the API closer to parity with the UI.
If you have any suggestions or questions about the new version, feel free to comment on our plus page: Ads Developer Google+ page.
- Adam Rogal, DFP API Team
Version 1.3 of the AdSense Management API is now available and comes with new features to help you retrieve more publisher and reporting information.
Metadata for reporting dimensions and metrics
This is a highly requested feature that provides information on the list of available dimensions and metrics for the publishers, as well as their compatibility. This is useful to help developers avoid generating reports with invalid dimensions and metrics.
You can now list the publisher’s current alerts, in their default language or in the one you specify.
You can now programmatically fetch the code of an ad unit using getAdCode.
- Jose Alcérreca, AdSense API Team
Verma’s apps have reached 1.5 million downloads on Google Play, his most popular ones, such as Kids Musical Toys Set, are catered to children. AdMob’s ad content control options are particularly useful for the demographic he serves. Verma’s apps are 100% free with a steady 99.09% fill rate. With AdMob, he makes 3x more income than he would at a regular IT job in India.
Ferguson’s word scramble app, Lexathon, has been translated into 19 different languages and downloaded 430,000+ times by a loyal user base that spends an average of 10 minutes on the app per day. AdMob Mediation allows Ferguson to maximize his fill rate and leverage multiple ad networks to increase his total revenue.
Find out how these indie game developers used AdMob to make a living from their hobby. Download PDF versions of the XigXag case study and XandarMob case study.
Posted by Robin Lam, Mobile Ads Marketing